Hello and happy Friday! I don’t know about you, but oh my goodness I’m so ready for the weekend. We’ve been going a million miles an hour over here, and even though we’re still busy this weekend, it will hopefully be a little more relaxing. I have a shower for my SIL tomorrow, and Sunday we’re making a Sam’s run to stock up on things before baby! It’s crazy how fast April is going!
Does anyone else hate clean up? I mean I love to cook, it’s so relaxing for me, but ya’ll. Washing dishes is a buzz kill. Fortunately we have a deal over at Casa Stumbo where I cook and Ryan does the dishes. It. Is. Glorious. Still, it’s so nice to find a recipe that doesn’t use every pot and pan in your kitchen.
This one pan roasted sausage and veggies recipe is a recent fave in the Stumbo household. I originally found it here, but I tweaked it for what we prefer. It’s so easy and yummy! Plus it’s a one pan meal, so you really don’t mess up your kitchen. I serve it over steamed rice, but you could honestly just eat it plain too! The seasoning is just the right amount, so the rice goes perfectly with it. You can honestly add in whatever veggies you like, there are no rules! I typically use carrots, potatoes, broccoli, and either green beans or sugar snap peas, but we didn’t have any beans or peas this time. The best part is that it reheats sooooo well. I’m all for meals that make decent leftovers!
Let me know how yours turns out! It’s a weekly staple over here!
- 2 large carrots
- 2 red potatoes
- 1 head broccoli
- 2 cups green beans
- 16 ounces smoked turkey or chicken sausage
- ½ tablespoon dried basil
- ½ tablespoon dried oregano
- ½ tablespoon dried parsley
- ½ tablespoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- ⅛ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 4½ tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Line a cookie sheet with foil for easy clean up.
- Prep the veggies.
- Peel and slice the carrots and the red potatoes. Make sure to keep the pieces pretty small and bite sized.
- Coarsely chop the broccoli. Rinse and, if desired, chop beans or peas.
- Slice sausage.
- Place all veggies and sausage in a bowl.
- In a small bowl, combine the seasonings and olive oil. Stir well.
- Pour the mixture over the veggies and toss to coat.
- Spread out on the foil lined cookie sheet, and bake for 15 minutes. Remove, toss veggies, and return to the oven for 15-20 more minutes, or until veggies are tender.
- Remove and serve on its own or over rice.