2017 was a great year for us (read my year in review), and as I was compiling my “best purchases” of last year it wasn’t hard to pick my favorites. I went through a lot of changes in the past 365 days (pregnancy does that to you ha), and one thing I’ve realized lately is I have been gravitating towards neutral and practical pieces with a couple fun things here and there. If you missed my post on camel, my wardrobe is evolving and becoming much more basic and neutral. I have actually been purging my closet and have gotten rid of a ton of pieces I haven’t worn, and I have been much more conscious of what I buy and how it will be used. I honestly got rid of half the clothes in my closet – no joke – and actually it’s much easier to get dressed in the morning!
Okay, all of that to say I have tried to be more conscious of what I’m buying and making sure I will use them. There are a couple things I have purchased/received in December that I absolutely love, but I didn’t include those since I haven’t had them very long!
Also, I left my baby favorites off since I just did a post all about our first stage essentials. You could say those were all favorites!
1. Made by Mary Zola Disc Necklace : If I had to pick one thing to keep out of these items it would be this! I got this necklace shortly after Camden was born (with his name engraved) and I wear it daily. It is my favorite piece of jewelry after my wedding ring!
2. Charlotte Tilbury Highlighter : So natural and perfect for every day!
3. YSL All Hours Foundation : Pricey – yes. But perfect for special occasions! It makes your skin look flawless.
4. Nordstrom Pajamas : I purchased these in navy to bring to the hospital when Camden was born. They are they most comfortable things! I still wear them non stop along with the sleep shirt. They are also perfect for nursing mamas!
5. Ole Henriksen Skincare : This year I decided to revamp my skincare. I was using good products, but it seemed like my skin plateaued. After a ton of research and reading reviews, I ordered the Ole Henriksen Balance line, and oh my gosh it has changed my skin. I use the cleanser, toner, and moisturizer daily.
6. Marc Fisher Wedges : I snagged these in the cognac color this past spring, and they are so comfortable and easy to walk in. I wore them up until Camden was born!
7. Vanessa Mooney Earrings : This was a later in the year purchase, but I love these statement earrings! They are bold, but not crazy since they are gold and black. I get compliments every time I wear them!
8. Seche Vite Top Coat : I rarely get manicures (maybe 1-2 a year), so I have perfected the at home mani. I saw this at Walmart earlier this year and decided to give it a try – it’s amazing! For a ‘how-to’ on at home manis, Katey’s post is great!
9. Lululemon Align Pant : The. Best. Leggings. Ever. I got these for my birthday last summer and I want 10 pairs. I have the Zella leggings and I love those as well, but these are so soft! I’ve also heard these are great during pregnancy!
10. Beats Pill : I bought this for Ryan for our anniversary thinking he could use it for basketball, but now it’s not allowed to leave our house. We honestly use this almost daily! I always have it on while I’m cooking, and this summer I would bring it out to our deck with my while I worked out.
11. Blanqi Maternity Tank : I wish I would’ve bought this sooner in my pregnancy. It’s honestly the best maternity tank I’ve found! It’s not see through at all, and it honestly alleviates pressure on your back. It’s magic.
12. Blanqi Maternity Leggings : Just like the tank, I wish I had these sooner! They stay up and offer a little support as well. These are also not sheer at all!
13. Charlotte Tilbury Lip Cheat in ‘Pillowtalk’ and Lipstick in ‘Penelope Pink’ : I’ve never really had a go-to lipstick I was in love with that was perfect for every day. They were always too pink or brown, or too bold for more casual outfits. I have heard so much about the ‘Pillowtalk’ lipliner, so I was super curious to try it out. It is honestly the best neutral shade ever! I also picked up ‘Penelope Pink’ to wear with it, and it’s the perfect every day combo! The lipstick is super creamy and comfortable to wear. I have worn this to the grocery store and to a wedding.
14. Quay High Key Sunnies : I love the gradient on these and they have become my most worn sunnies!
15. Sam Edelman Augustine Mules : These sat in my cart for a long time before I purchased them. I went back and forth, thinking they may be too trendy – and I was wrong. I finally ordered them and they are – no joke – my most worn pair of shoes. Ryan even noticed it! They are actually super versatile, especially since my wardrobe is very neutral so they go with a lot. They are super comfortable and easy! I went up a half size.